I try to find 78 rpm records each time I visit a new place, but the lack of information makes it sometimes difficult, so I decided to create this list and this dynamic map. It does not pretend to be exhaustive, I will add new places little by little, but I need your help ! So don’t hesitate to make suggestions in your comments !
- Vernissage Flea Market : Hanrapetutyan Street – Yerevan 0010
- Record Exchange : Level 1, 65 Adelaide Street – Brisbane, Qld. 4000 (site)
BRAZIL (Thanks to Biancamaria Binazzi and Carlos Reinoso)
- Presentes do Passado : Rua Da Mooca, 2631 – Moóca – São Paulo – SP (site)
- Benedito Calixto Market : Praça Benedito Calixto – São Paulo – SP
CANADA (Thanks to Ken Mc Pherson)
- Francophonies : 1860, rue Ontario Est – Montréal QC H2K 1T7 (site)
- Discovery Used & Collectors Records : 1140 Queen E – Toronto, ON M4M 1L1 (site)
- In the Groove : 1174 Queen E – Toronto, ON M4M 1L4 (site)
- Kops Records : 229 Queen St W, Toronto, ON M5V 1Z4 (site)
CHILE (Thanks to Carlos Reinoso)
- El Persa Bio Bio : Calle Bio Bio 793 – Santiago
- Song Xian Qiao Antique and Art Market (送仙桥艺术城) : Qingyang Shang Jie (青羊上街) – Chengdu 610072
FRANCE (Thanks to Daniel Hennemand)
- La Phonogalerie : 10, rue Lallier – 75009 Paris (site)
- La Dame Blanche : 47, rue de la Montagne Sainte-Geneviève – 75005 Paris (site)
- Paris Jazz Corner : 5, rue de Navarre – 75005 Paris
- Paleophonies : 16, rue de Vaugirard – 75006 Paris (site)
- Monster Melodie : 9, rue des Déchargeurs – 75001 Paris (site)
- Démocratie : 14, Boulevard Saint-Michel – 75006 Paris
- Ground Zero : 23, rue Sainte-Marthe – 75010 Paris (site)
- Brocart: 4, rue Pache – 75011 Paris
- Le Bazar Chic : 202, avenue du Maine – 75014 Paris
- Au Carroy de l’Occasion : 89, rue Pixéricourt – 75020 Paris
- Paris Saint-Ouen Flea Market (Marché aux puces de Saint-Ouen) : Porte de Clignancourt – 93400 Saint-Ouen (site)
- Paris Montreuil Flea Market (Marché aux puces de la Porte de Montreuil) : Avenue du Professeur André Lemierre – 75020 Paris
- Paris Vanves Flea Market (Marché aux puces de la Porte de Vanves) : Avenue Marc Sangnier – 75014 Paris (site)
- Mood : 11, Rue André Joineau – 93310 Le Pré-Saint-Gervais (site)
- Marie-Claude Stéger : 76, avenue Michelet – 93400 Saint-Ouen (site)
- Bordeaux Flea Market : Place Canteloup – 33100 Bordeaux
- Disques anciens : 9, rue de Cauvigny – 14170 Escures-sur-Favières (site)
GERMANY (Thanks to Daniel Hentke and Stephan Wuthe)
- Schallplatten Antiquariat Streif : Kruppstrasse 12 – 10559 Berlin
- Grammophon Salon Schumacher : Eisenacher Strasse 11 – 10777 Berlin (site)
- Phonopassion : Inh. Andreas Schmauder e.K, Bohrerstrasse 7 – 79289 Horben (site)
- City-Flohmarkt : Keplerstrasse 11- 93047 Regensburg
ICELAND (Thanks to Sigurbjörn Helgason)
- Lucky Records : Hverfisgata 82 – 101 Reykjavik (site)
- Kolaportið Flea Market : Tryggvagötu 19 – 101 Reykjavik (site)
- Fríða frænka : Vesturgata 3- 101 Reykjavik
INDIA (Thanks to Aaron Lovell, Reverberation Vinyl and Sameer)
- Shah Music Centre : Jama Masjid, Meena Bazar, Chandni Chowk – New Delhi, Delhi 110006 (site)
- Shyam Anukampa : O-11 Ashok Marg. C Scheme (near Ahinsa Circle) – Jaipur 302001 (site)
MEXICO (Thanks to Carlos Reinoso)
- La Lagunilla Market : Eje 1 Norte – Mexico City
NETHERLANDS (Thanks to Leo Burdorf and Peter Vrakking)
- De Weergever : Zamenhofstraat 116C – 1022 AG Amsterdam (site)
- De Zwarte Schijf : Hogestraat 13 – 4001 ET Tiel (site)
NORWAY (Thanks to Terje Haugland and Sverre Dogger)
- Victor Brukthandel : Hegdehaugsveien 28 – 0352 Oslo
- Antikkvarehuset : Sannergaten 3 – 0557 Oslo (site)
PERU (Thanks to Carlos Reinoso)
- Galeria Quilca : Jirón Quilca 336 – Lima
RUSSIA (Thanks to Roman Pantelius and Adrian Erlinger)
- Vernisazh Market : 73 Izmaylovskoye Shosse, Izmaylovo Park – Moscow 105 318
- Ljubljana Flea Market : Cankarjevo Nabrežje – 1000 Ljubljana
- Spin Vinyl : Gallusovo Nabrežje 13 – 1000 Ljubljana
SWEDEN (Thanks to Per Ahlin and Kristjan Saag)
- Hötorget Flea Market : Hötorget – Stockholm 111 57 (site)
- Pennies from Heaven : Södra vägen 13, Göteborg 412 54 (site)
UNITED KINGDOM (Thanks to DJ78, Vintage 78 DJs, Kathy Muir and Peter Vrakking)
- The Diskery: 99 Bromsgrove Street – Birmingham, B5 6QB
- Greg’s Greats: 79 High Street – Foxton, Cambridge CB22 6RP
- The Gramophone Emporium: 12 Stephen Street – Stockbridge, Edinburgh EH3 5AN (site)
- Tony Tunes, Wood Street Indoor Market: 98-100 Wood Street – Walthamstow, London E17 3HX
- Vinyltap Limited: 42 John William St – Huddersfield HD11ER (site)
- In the Groove: 14 Reading Road, Henley-on-Thames, RG9 1AG (site)
- Ben Collectors Records: 5 Tunsgate, Guildford, Surrey, GU1 3QT (site)
- The Sound Box: 10 High Street, Hampton Hill, Middlesex TW12 1PD
- Bob Chambers – A & C Antiques & Collectibles: 266 Uxbridge Road, Pinner HA5 4HS
- Riverside Two: The Maltings, Sawbridgeworth Herts CM21 9JX
- Harold Moores Records: 2 Great Marlborough Street, London W1F 7HQ (site)
- Teign Scene & Heard Ltd: 49 Teign Street – Teignmouth, Devon TQ14 8EA
- Beehive Records: Maltings Road – Battlesbridge, Essex SS11 7RF (site)
- Collectors Records Centre: 89F Woodbridge Road – Guildford, Surrey GU1 4QD
- Archive Records: 196 Station Rd, Town Centre, Addlestone KT15 2PD (site)
- Chichester Gramophones – Dolphin Quay Antiques Centre: Queen Street, Emsworth, Hampshire PO10 (site)
USA (Thanks to Artemis Nasby, DJ McSchmormac, Ian Nagoski, Lloyd Ewing, Michael Valentiner, Mark Cederquist, Yuri Bernikov, old78collector, Adrian Erlinger and Michael Biel)
- Arkansas Record & CD Exchange: 4212 MacArthur Drive – North Little Rock, AR 72118 (site)
- Been-Around Records: 1216 S University Ave – Little Rock, AR 72204
- Tracks in Wax Records: 4741 North Central Avenue – Phoenix, AZ 85012 (site)
- Brass Armadillo Antique Mall – Phoenix West: 13277 West McDowell Road – Goodyear, AZ 85395 (site)
- Down Home Music Store : 10341 San Pablo Avenue – El Cerrito, CA 94530 (site)
- Amoeba Music : 6400 West Sunset Boulevard – Los Angeles, CA 90028 (site)
- Amoeba Music : 1855 Haight Street – San Francisco, CA 94117 (site)
- Dusty Groove : 1120 North Ashland Avenue – Chicago, IL 60622 (site)
- Reverberation Vinyl Records : 1302 North Main Street – Bloomington, IL 61701 (site)
- Jazz Record Mart : 27 East Illinois – Chicago, Illinois 60611 (site)
- Pops Resale : 1423 Leestown Road – Lexington, KY 40511 (site)
- Jim Russell Records : 1837 Magazine Street – New Orleans, LA 70130 (site)
- Louisiana Music Factory : 210 Decatur Street – New Orleans, LA 70130 (site)
- Brimfield Antique Show : Main Street – Brimfield, MA 01010 (site)
- John Doe, Jr. Used Records & Books : 269 Main Street, Greenfield, MA 01301 (site)
- Mystery Train Records :21 Main Street – Gloucester, MA 01930 (site)
- The Whatchamacallit : 61 Main Street – Buzzards Bay, MA 02532 (site)
- Taunton Antiques Center : 19 Main Street – Taunton, MA 02780 (site)
- Second Story Books : 12160 Parklawn Drive – Rockville MD 20852 (site)
- Joe’s Record Paradise : 8216 Georgia Avenuec- Silver Spring, MD 20910 (site)
- Vintage Music Company : 1820 E. 38th Street – Minneapolis, MN 55407 (site)
- The End of All Music : 423 North Lamar Blvd – Oxford, MS 38655 (site)
- Harvest Records : 415-B Haywood Road – Asheville, NC 28806 (site)
- Royal Garden Records : 23812 Lorain Road – North Olmsted, OH 44070
- Whistlin’ Willie’s 78s : 2136 Murray Avenue 2nd floor – Pittsburgh, PA 15217 (site)
- Renninger’s Antique Market : Route 272 – Adamstown, PA 19501 (site)
- Shangri-La Records : 1916 Madison Avenue – Memphis, TN 38104 (site)
- Breakaway Records : 211 West North Loop Boulevard – Austin, TX 78751 (site)
- Immortal Performances Classical : West 30th Street – Austin, TX 78703
- Out of The Past :5341 Burnet Road – Austin, TX 78756
- Music Store Inc. : 14865 Spotswood Trail – Ruckersville, VA 22968
- Golden Oldies Records Tapes : 3521 6th Avenue – Tacoma, WA 98406 (site)
- Rocket Records : 3843 6th Avenue – Tacoma, WA 98406
- Golden Oldies : 201 NE 45th St – Seattle, WA 98105 (site)
66 thoughts on “Where to find 78 rpm records”
A guy posted in July on your4 site on L:ouisiana Hayride he has old reel to reel tapes
of the show.
Could you try to put me in contact with this guy?
Write me at
In Toronto, Ontario, Canada there are very few record stores left that still carry 78’s. Only two come to mind, Discovery Records, and In The Groove, both located on Queen St. East, close to the Beaches area of Toronto. Other than that, the Canadian Antique Phonograph Society, which holds meetings 6 times a year, offers an auction at the end of each meeting, and usually 78’s are sold. More information on the Society can be found on their website:
Many thanks Ken, I will add them to the list!
You can get 78 rpms in Regensburg, Keplerstraße 11 (Shop is called “City-Flohmarkt”). I guess there are around 500 to 1000 records there. Also a nice selection of gramophones. Owner also repairs gramophones.
Greetings from Regensburg, Germany!
Congrats !!! You’re the first to contribute ! Thanks a lot ! I just added this store to the list ! Vielen Dank und herzliche Grüsse aus Paris !
Every time I’m in Paris and browsing at a flea market, if I even glance at 78’s I’m told ‘No jazz records, sorry”. In English too. And I’m not looking for jazz! Those guys have it down to a science.
In my part of the country, south of Boston, here are the places I stop:
Taunton: Taunton Antique Mall. They have a entire basement full of records, 78’s and LPs. Thousands. I pick through them for Opera and Ethnic.
Buzzard’s Bay. When Debbie was in her old shop I bought an entire record store NOS. It was about a thousand discs, including unissued Billie Holiday and demos fro Monk. Debbie is awesome: if you go there tell her her Dan the record guy sent you. And see Paul too.
Great ! Thank you very much ! I just added these two stores to the list. Don’t hesitate if you have other suggestions. Thanks !!!
Sorry, I should have put Debbie’s address. Here’tis:
Bien vu l’idée de la Google maps !
Ouais j’essaye d’innover un peu, mais pour l’instant la participation n’est pas très importante, j’espère que ça viendra au fur et à mesure !
Greg’s Greats, 79 High Street, Foxton, Cambridge UK
Not a shop as such, but a private house and outbuildings containing 140,000-plus 78s (he mainly sells on eBay). There’s an open day twice a year (next one is Sunday December 9th) and he is happy to meet buyers by appointment.
Also, Tony Tunes little shop in Wood Street Indoor Market, Walthamstow, London UK is a treasure trove of shellac. I’ve found some great discs there and always at sensible prices.
Great idea and good luck!
Thanks for your help!
Hi from the UK. In Birmingham there is the Diskery 99 Bromsgrove Street, Birmingham, West Midlands B5 6QB. They have quite a lot out front in the main shop but ask nicely and they’ll show you the “other” rooms with more interesting selections.
Matt and Annabel
Thanks a lot, don’t hesitate if you have any other suggestions! Cheers!
In Austin Texas USA, I would definitely recommend “Immortal Performances Classical Records Tapes & CD’s” at 1404 W. 30th St.; Austin, TX 78703; phone
512-478-9954. The proprietor is knowledgeable about various aspects of recorded music history, not just classical music. Call before visiting the shop to be sure he is there. As far as I know he does not have a web site.
There is a complete list of stores that sell used records in Austin here:
I don’t know who is behind the web site, but it appears to be reliable and up-to-date at this time.
Thanks Lloyd, I just updated the list and the map ! Cheers !
Hello. Saw your note on twitter. I am in Toronto Canada and I have prop rental business. gramophones, radios and of course 78s all are for rent or sale.
All the best with your site.
Hello Lynne, do you have a physical address I could add to the list ?
Hi Do you have 78rpm records with Indian songs, if so, am interested in all you got
my reply may be a little too late. But then a collector remains a collector through out his life.
I have a lot of 78rpm records with Indian.
you can contact me at
My local shop:
Vintage Music Company
1820 E. 38th St
Minneapolis, MN 55407
Thanks, I added your shop to my list ! Cheers !
I’m very much interested in Ethiopian 78rpm shellack musics, can anybody tell me where to find ?
Hello Mohammed, I’m also very interested in Ethiopia, I went there a few years ago and found several 45rpm, but no 78s… I’m afraid very few shellacs were pressed in this country. You should contact Francis Falceto, the editor of the “Ethiopiques” serie, who published these 1908 Ethiopian recordings : http://www.budamusique.com/fr/ethiopiques/511-ethiopiques-volume-27.html
Let me know if you find any information!
Music Masters at the Renninger’s Antique Market on Route 272 in Adamstown, Pennsylvania, USA. Sundays only. Very fair, knowledgeable, enthusiastic dealer.
Thank you very much ! I added this place to the list and the map !
Second Story Books, 12160 Parklawn Dr., Rockville, Maryland, USA 20852
Music Store, Inc., 14865 Spotswood Trail, Ruckersville, Virginia, USA 22968
Vernisazh (Izmailovo Park), Moscow, Russia
Great ! Thanks a lot ! I know where to go now if I have the chance to visit Moscow !
if there is anbody interested on those 78rpm shellack records let me know
Add to your list:
Pops Resale, 1423 Leestown Road Lexington, KY 40511 USA
Thanks a lot, Michael, I just added this store to the list ! Cheers !
Hey Michael, could you please send me your mail contacts? I´m going to produce a film-documentary about peter and the wolf. It would be great if you could be part of it. Here is my mail-adress – firstname.lastname@example.org. Best regards, Axel
One more for you: Joe’s Record Paradise, 8216 Georgia Ave, Silver Spring, MD 20910
Just added it, thanks Adrian!
Here are a few stores from the old hometown. They existed as of two years ago. They should still exist now.
Arkansas CD and Record Exchange
4212 MacArthur Drive
North Little Rock, AR 72118
Great selection of LP’s, they have 78’s, piled haphazardly in random places. I’ve pulled a few gems. Surely more in the labyrinth. Run by an eccentric gentleman and his wife. You have to check your coat and bags at the door but worth the trip.
1216 S University Ave
Little Rock, AR 72204
Another great selection of random LP’s. 78’s underneath most shelves. Most broken, priced to move, I’ve found gems that made my day, and broken records that have broken my heart. Nothing is technically priced, and he’ll play test the lp’s before writing the price inside the sleeve.
Hi! Thanks a lot for your comment! I just added these stores to my list! Thanks!
I live in Chengdu, China
Song Xian Qiao is not a good place for 78’s. I go there semi regularly. It is full of fake victrolas, with one record only. Usually of Russian origin. and they only have the one victrola needle, so when they crank up the baby to prove it works, it makes the record a little more gray.
Last time I went, I specifically questioned all the victrola sellers where they got their victrolas and 78’s expressing interest in purchasing whatever records they had. They were not forthcoming with information.
No LP’s. Gotta go to Hong Kong for that.
Last time I was there was three months ago.
Thanks for your comment. I found several 78s in Song Xian Qiao in 2008, including Chinese Opera and 40’s pop music. I spent 6 months in Chengdu, studying at Sichuan University. Do you know any other places in China for 78s ?
There are 78s here in Tacoma, Washington USA. A good place to check is Golden Oldies, at:
3521 6th Ave
Tacoma, WA 98406
Jeff Miller is the owner, and while there may be only a couple of hundred records there at any given moment, he continues to purchase them, and sell at reasonable costs. He has gobs of 45s, LPs, and collects Northwest Rock memorabilia. Five blocks from his shop, is Rocket Records. The have perhaps fifty or more at any given time, and finally, Golden Oldies in Seattle, WA, always has some 78s, often from nearby British Columbia in Canada.
There’s an Amoeba Records here in Los Angeles that carries 78s.
Thanks, just added it!
in India, Jaipur, there is a small collectibles shop called Olden Golden. along with other old vintage items, collectibles and antiques they have some real old 78 RPM records.
i checked my diary and found their (Olden Golden Jaipur, India) address and website also:
O-11 Ashok Marg
C Scheme (near Ahinsa Circle)
Thanks for the info and sorry for the late answer. I just updated the map.
Vienna, Austria http://www.yelp.com/biz/teuchtler-schallplattenhandlung-u-antiquariat-wien
Budapest, Hungary This is where I used to find some 78s and a lot of early 1950s LPs. Rózsavölgyi és Társa Zeneműbolt, 1052 Budapest, Szervita tér 5.
Telefon: 318-3500 E-mail: email@example.com
Another address in the US for your list of record shops: San Diego – Folk Arts Fine Records, 3072 El Cajun Blvd.
All the best!
Jack’s Record Cellar (254 Scott Street, San Francisco, CA 94117) has thousands of well sorted and reasonably priced 78s. They are only open on Saturday afternoons or by appointment but well worth the visit.
I have the better part of a room of 78s at Cannon Hill Place, 111 S. Carol St., Frederick, MD 21701. Self-service in a group antique store. Open afternoon and some AMs, a bit quirky. I’ve some overflow about 5 minutes away at Old Glory Antiques, 5862 Urbana Pike, same town 10-6, 10-8 on Thursdays. I’ve a large backstock and refresh as time allows. Steve Smolian
Royal Garden records in North Olmsted OH is now closed
you may find some 78 at Brussel’s famous flea market (every day), on Place du Jeu de Balle….
78 rpm seller in Helsinki, Finland: For example Kallion Retro, Neljäs linja 22, 00530 Helsinki, Finland
I have got 150 hindi film songs record of 78 speed in good running condition with a price of 300/- INR each. courier charges extra. about 100 record of 78 speed of English. MY mobile Number is 91-9876908224
DIA THAN JOLIE – VIETNAM
Record 78RPM, 45RPM, 33RPM, 16RPM
Vietnam songs, classic, cai luong
Record 78RPM, 45RPM, 33RPM, 16RPM
DIA THAN JOLIE, Vietnam
175 Nguyen Si Sach, Ward 15, Tan Binh district, Ho Chi Minh city, Vietnam
Phone: +84 38159339
DIA THAN JOLIE – VIETNAM
Record 78RPM (Vietnam songs, classic, cai luong)
we have got 78 speed in Vietnam old vintage
175 Nguyen Si Sach, Ward 15, Tan Binh districy, Ho Chi Minh city, Vietnam
hi CEINTS DE BAKÉLITE
you can add our information in your list and in google map?
Hello, I got some 78Rpm from Cambodia and China, currently in Cambodia, let me know if you are interested.
Hello do you still have? what is your contact? Thanks
I’m a private collector and researcher based in Canberra, Australia. See my LinkedIn page for more details: https://www.linkedin.com/in/ross-laird-aa169232
I have about 3000 or so 78s of all types available for sale (mostly jazz, opera, ragtime and popular music of various styles) including some very old discs from the early 1900s…
I don’t have a shop, but anyone visiting Canberra can make an arrangement to visit by emailing me via: firstname.lastname@example.org.
I also ship internationally. Contact me for details.
there is one or two in london there is a nice shop near waterloo station and one near crickle wood also i have found one in schomberg berlin
I am a private collector and researcher based on Concepción, Chile.
I constantly deal with 78s in Chile so I’d be glad to answer e-mails from neighboring collectors.
My e-mail address is: email@example.com
Hi, there is antique shop in Taipei — Brunswick Antiques & San Giorgio, there are alot of treasure.
Madrid, Spain. I know of a 2nd hand record shop which uses to have some 300-400 78s in a corner. I bought there since a teenager, 35 years ago. Still buy there from time to time. Club Amigos del Disco,
C/Fernández de los Ríos 73 (zona de Moncloa). También en Killer’s Discos, c/Montera 28, junto a Gran Vía. También en La Metralleta, Calle del Postigo de San Martín, 1, 28013 Madrid, junto a Callao/Gran Vía, y muy cerca La Gramola, Calle del Postigo de San Martín, 4, 28013 Madrid. Y por aquí, zona Callao bajando hacia ópera hay varias más…